PR Confirmation Portal Photo Issues
PR confirmation portal allows candidates inside Canada to confirm their PR status online without the need of going to the border. As a part of the confirmation process, applicants need to upload a picture that is used for their PR card.
Recently IRCC has introduced some image verification at the backend that checks for image size and brightness.
As a result, a lot of applicants have been having issues with their pictures not being accepted. Mostly it is due to the size. The error message would look like:
"Warning: Your photo does not meet the following requirements:
- Brightness: Your Photo may be too bright or too dark
- Pixel Range Requirements: Your photo does not have a pixel range between 1680 x 1200 and 4200 x 3000"
Common Cause of this Error
How to Fix Size Issue
- Change the dimension of the picture using a photo editor to be within 1680 x 1200 and 4200 x 3000.
- Make sure to keep the aspect ratio same for the image while modifying the dimensions.
- An online editor such as https://promo.com/tools/image-resizer/ can be used
- The original image is 1667 x 1250 which is outside the acceptable range.